Just wanted to thank all of the readers for your contributions. Blogs are communities that consist of both the writer or poster of the blog and the readers who review the content and then post their comments. Blogs only work as communities and this one is pretty active for this small niche market sector.
Here are some stats on the blog as of our anniversary this month:
- Nov 14th 2010-first blog posted by me.
- Jan of 2011 crossed the 1000 page views* per month
- April of 2011 crossed the 2000 page views per month
- July of 2011 crossed the 3000 page views per month
- We might hit 4000 page views per month in November
- The average time a visitor spends on site is about 2.5 minutes. (large standard deviation though so the time range is quite varied.)
- 40-50% of our visitors are repeat visitors
- A preponderance of readers are from the US however, we have a strong readership in Australia and the UK (countries who have been very involved early on in the Depuy hip issues.)
- Most of our traffic comes from Google through organic search although we do see traffic from Yahoo, Bing and Blogger.com. Some from Twitter as I do automatically post on Twitter.
- 60% of our readers come to the site via IE browsers (Internet Explorer) and about 20% come Firefox browsers.
- 80% of our readers are using windows operating system and 20% are using apple.
- We have had over 100 comments posted by readers
- I have posted about 334 times since we started so averaging about 1 per day.
- On average a reader views about 2 pages per visit so the implication of that is that we have about 2000 visitors per month reading this blog.
*A page view is the number of posts (pages) viewed cumulatively by our readers each month.