- The FDA site
- The Depuy ASR hip recall guide
(scroll over to get the full URL.)
- How do I know if I have a metal-on-metal hip system?
- How often should I follow-up with my orthopaedic surgeon?
- What should I discuss with my orthopaedic surgeon at each follow-up appointment?
- What symptoms might a metal-on-metal hip implant cause?
- Are there other medical effects that can occur with my metal-on-metal hip implant system?
- What are my chances of developing a reaction to my metal-on-metal hip implant and having these types of medical problems?
- What should I do if I am experiencing adverse events associated with my metal-on-metal hip implant?
- What should I do if I am not experiencing adverse events associated with my metal-on-metal hip implant?
- What should I discuss with my other health care providers including my general internist or family practice doctor?
- When would a hip revision surgery be needed?
- What are the risks of revision surgery?
- What does it mean when I see that a hip implant system has been "recalled?"
- Where can I get additional information regarding metal-on-metal hip systems?
The Depuy ASR Hip Replacement Recall Guide
They cover 5 areas in this guide and have helpful information which can take you through the process:
- Reasons for the recall
- What to do
- Symptoms and Causes