- On its Web site, DePuy identifies the following steps to be taken by ASR recipients seeking reimbursement:
- Call the ASR Call Center.
- Confirm whether you were implanted with an ASR device (to find out this information, you should contact your surgeon or the hospital where your surgery took place).
- Speak to a Call Center representative, who will initiate a claim on your behalf.
- Wait to be contacted by a claims representative who will send you a letter of payment authorization, an ASR claim number, and a medical authorization form.
- Visit your orthopedic surgeon for evaluation and/or treatment.
- Submit expenses and documentation to the DePuy claims processor for review for eligibility
· Finally, I will call Depuy to understand their position on both evaluating information for claims payment and determining whether there is any chance that by accepting any reimbursement will jeopardize my rights now and in the future for reasonable medical compensation for needed surgery.